+39 041 54 60 744
Non-metallic or flexible flange gaskets are the most typical representations of static flat gaskets. They are used by a large number of industries. ARTEMA®'s flexible flange gaskets are made of asbestos-free sealing materials (AF) and available in standard and custom shapes and sizes.
The dimensions of our standard gaskets comply with the standards DIN 2690-2691-2692, ANSI B16.21 and MSS SP 44.
To guarantee the correct functioning of the seal we recommend:
- Always choose reliable gaskets with an original manufacturer brand to ensure the constant quality over time.
- Use gaskets as thin as possible to reduce plastic deformation and permeability. Increase the thickness in the presence of non-parallel, dirty, incised, pitted or wrinkled flanges.
- Size the gasket correctly, calculating the inner diameter greater than the hole of the flange and avoiding that the external diameter of the gasket resurfaces from the flange.
- Check that the flanges are of adequate thickness to avoid buckling between the bolts. If necessary, increase the number of bolts.
- Tighten the nuts of the bolts in sequence, suitably treated with quality anti-seize lubricants to better control the tightening load and to reduce friction. Ideal tightening is made with torque wrenches with 5% torque control.
- Always request gasket sheets with antistick treatment on the surface so that they do not stick to the flanges. Avoid spreading the flanges with grease, graphite, oils, etc. that reduce friction and prevent the clamping pressure from reaching the gaskets directly with possible expulsion consequences.
- Retighten the bolts and flanges after reaching the operating temperature.
- Do not store gaskets and gasket sheets to moisture, in direct sunlight and near oils.