+39 041 54 60 744
over 30 years of high quality sealing systems
ARTEMA® has been present for over 30 years in the chemical, petrochemical and paper
mill market with the production of industrial gaskets, certified safety flange
covers and the distribution of various types of packing seals.
ARTEMA®'s Gaskets & Packings for your every need
Thanks to the 2 production sites with wide storage, ARTEMA® guarantees fast
deliveries to the customer; moreover, ARTEMA® offers the possibility to the
customer, according to his needs and consumption, to create an ARTEMA®’s warehouse
(consignment stock) in his plant, in order to cancel delivery times.
ARTEMA® has always solved gaskets and packing users problems. Our
know-how helps us to find the best solution for your every need.
Our wide range of gaskets includes different materials:
- Aramid fiber gaskets
- Modifed PTFE gaskets
- Blank and expanded
- Graphite gaskets with metal rings or graphite gaskets without metal rings
- Spiral wound gaskets
The correct choice of packing can guarantee the best efficiency, reduce wear
and losses, minimize costs and energy consumption, improve the functionality and system’s safety
and guarantee the environmental protection.
The choice of packing is based on a set of important factors such as operating temperature and pressure, contact fluid, type of movement. Ignoring these factors means to compromise the functionality of the plant and involve huge losses of resources.
Headquarters & Production
34, Nazario Sauro str. 30030 Olmo di Martellago (VE) Italy
+39 041.54.60.744 +39 041.54.60.755
Reconditioning and sanitizing is therefore possible with a normal washing at +60 °C and a steam iron pass, thus allowing to have a product washed and sanitized everyday.
The reusable/reconditionable filter mask becomes not only a practical solution, but also an ecological one, thinking of the daily use of disposable masks whose waste creates disposal problems with significant environmental impact.
Non-metallic or flexible flange gaskets are the most typical representations of static flat gaskets. They are used by a large number of industries. ARTEMA®'s flexible flange gaskets are made of asbestos-free sealing materials (AF) and available in standard and custom shapes and sizes.
The dimensions of our standard gaskets comply with the standards DIN 2690-2691-2692, ANSI B16.21 and MSS SP 44.
To guarantee the correct functioning of the seal we recommend:
- Always choose reliable gaskets with an original manufacturer brand to ensure the constant quality over time.
- Use gaskets as thin as possible to reduce plastic deformation and permeability. Increase the thickness in the presence of non-parallel, dirty, incised, pitted or wrinkled flanges.
- Size the gasket correctly, calculating the inner diameter greater than the hole of the flange and avoiding that the external diameter of the gasket resurfaces from the flange.
- Check that the flanges are of adequate thickness to avoid buckling between the bolts. If necessary, increase the number of bolts.
- Tighten the nuts of the bolts in sequence, suitably treated with quality anti-seize lubricants to better control the tightening load and to reduce friction. Ideal tightening is made with torque wrenches with 5% torque control.
- Always request gasket sheets with antistick treatment on the surface so that they do not stick to the flanges. Avoid spreading the flanges with grease, graphite, oils, etc. that reduce friction and prevent the clamping pressure from reaching the gaskets directly with possible expulsion consequences.
- Retighten the bolts and flanges after reaching the operating temperature.
- Do not store gaskets and gasket sheets to moisture, in direct sunlight and near oils.
The industrial growth and the increasingly exasperated plants conditions require specific seals suitable for the intended service.
ARTEMA® provides proven sealing technology to a wide range of industries. We have more than 20 years of experience with various types of applications: from classic to extremely difficult ones.
Our packings are designed and made to resist the high temperature applications and the abrasive
With continuous research and development of new types of technical yarns ARTEMA® is ready to help their customers and maintenance stuff in particular to choose the packing that ensures better efficiency, reducing wear and losses, economizing expensive products and energy and ultimately improving functionality and safety to guarantee environmental protection.
There are several special packings ( KN 3550/K, SLADE® 3300/G, SLADE®3300/CJK, NX 3637) that we have designed and built by maintainers request. These packings with mixed weaves of yarns, lubricators and particular densities solve specific problems and have been tested in most plants and their specific applications for over twenty years.
Also the wide range of standard packings (graphite, carbon, aramid, PTFE, synthetic and vegetable fibers)
undergo specific pre-treatments that we require from the yarn producers, so that we are ready to subsequently continuously
impregnate yarn-by-yarn and under pressure the threads before braiding.
These expensive treatments give the yarn high lubrication properties, reduce friction, improve the homogeneity, fibers regularity and stability, increase chemical resistance, seal quality, durability and general braid efficiency.
All our packings are completely diagonally interlaced at heart with supporting corners and controlled tension of
the spindles to obtain the perfect density which is the origin of the flexibility, elasticity and compactness of the
This sophisticated made with the modern interlacing machine with up to 48 spindles (depending on the packing section) weaving allows each yarn to pass diagonally through the heart of the packing at an angle of 45° creating a structure where each thread is an integral part and contributes to resistance of the whole braid.
To seal the gaps and for the initial break-in a further impregnation of inert lubricants is applied during the braiding.
The choice of packing based only on the operating values (temperature, pressure, fluid speed and type of movement)
regardless the age, conditions and the many other variables is very difficult.
For this reason before the next order of packing consult our technical department. Before providing you with a solution we prefer to listen to you and suggest the right intervention after examining a series of possibilities.